The Other Art Fair, presented by Saatchi Art, has been nurturing its artist-led event for 70 global editions, serving visitors with surreal experiences and accessible art. The upcoming Los Angeles fair at the Barker Hangar from September 21 to 24 marks ten editions in the city, so celebrations are mandatory. Tickets are available now.
The Other Art Fair’s adoration of L.A. is rooted in the people. The passion locals have to discover art in new ways is unmatched, and this edition hopes to prove no exception. Here are ten reasons why you need a ticket…
10. You can have your photograph taken by a Grey’s Anatomy actor-turned-artist. It’s time to unleash your inner animal as the fair welcomes photographer Charles Michael Davis as its Guest Artist. Each solo photo session will result in one unmasked and one animal-masked action shot—directed and shot by Charles himself.
9. Get a personalized haiku written just for you based on any word or phrase you offer the in-house poet. It’s written art, curated by you!
8. Discover the wonder of light and color in a cosmic light bath installation—a truly “you had to be there” experience.
7. Let fate decide in a mystical fortune-telling experience doused in neon for good measure (and for posting, of course).
6. Peruse art after your drinks are poured. The bar inside the fair offers a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to enjoy while you browse.
5. Become the artist by making your very own risograph print at the Print Shop LA workshop space.
4. Kick off the weekend with the feel-good vibes of dublab’s vinyl-only DJs.
3. Become the artist again. Delight in the joys of analog with a Polaroid embroidery workshop.
2. Embrace the rebel spirit with a new exhibition, Acts of Liberation, guest curated by Taylor Bythwood-Porter.
1. Now to the core of what makes The Other Art Fair, well, other. Unlike the usual gallery-led fairs, this event allows you to meet 140 up-and-coming artists. Artists who work with paint, clay, and even pillows (yes, that’s right) will be selling original work from $100. Your home is about to get a lot more interesting.
To learn more and get tickets, visit theotherartfair.com.